Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, April 2018
The football world was centered in Dallas from April 26-28 as the NFL Draft and Draft Experience took place at AT&T Stadium. Thousands of fans were able to see the Draft in-person during the first Draft ever held inside an NFL stadium. Fans were also able to enjoy the NFL Draft Experience, the world's largest free football festival that was the size of 26 football fields held adjacent to the stadium.
The Mizuno Lone Star Classic is one of Dallas' great annual sporting events as volleyball players from around the country descend on Big D over a three weekend span at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. Over 1,800 teams and hundreds of college recruiters took part in one of the largest volleyball tournaments in the country as 117 volleyball courts were utilized throughout the entire convention center.
Additional DSC events in April:
- IDEA Health & Fitness Annual Conference, April 4-8
- Dupree Dance, April 5-8
- Presentation on Sports Regionalism to the Dallas Regional Chamber Leadership Dallas class, April 6
- U.S. Youth Soccer Association site visit, April 10-12
- DSC Advisory Board meeting, April 19
- New York City Dance Alliance, April 20-22
- Marketing Director Larry Kelly participated in the Steinberg Sports Conference, April 21
- Executive Director Monica Paul spoke to the East Dallas Chamber, April 24
- Local Organizing Committee attended NCAA Men's Final Four in San Antonio for future host meetings
- Local Organizing Committee attended NCAA Women's Final Four in Columbus, OH for future host meetings
- Women's Final Four Future Host Conference Call with NCAA Women's Basketball Staff