Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, August 2018
Staff from the Dallas Sports Commission attended the Connect Sports Marketplace in Salt Lake City in August. Designed for the sports events and tourism industry, Connect Sports gives participants the opportunity to enhance skills, learn about trending topics, network and drive more business at the event that brings together the sports tourism industry's top event organizers, NGBs, suppliers and industry experts. DSC Executive Director Monica Paul serves on the Connect Advisory Board and took part in the board meeting while in Salt Lake.
The DSC also had the opportunity to host several clients in late August at the Dallas Cowboys training camp. The day included watching the Cowboys practice inside the Ford Center, their indoor practice facility, and a tour of the Cowboys' world headquarters, The Star.
Additional DSC events in August:
- Planning meetings with Dallas Bike Ride for upcoming November 3 event
- Monica Paul interview on WFAA-TV for Dallas Bike Ride
- Continued planning for NCAA Women's Final Four bid presentation
- Planning meeting with National Cheerleaders Association for 2019 events
- Post-event meeting with the AT&T Byron Nelson
- Post-event meeting with IBC (International Bowling Congress) Youth Development
- Attended MLS All-Star Game in Atlanta
- Monica Paul interview with Al Dia regarding 2026 World Cup
- Heart of Dallas Bowl at Dallas City Council meetings
- SERVPRO First Responder Bowl Announcement
- Planning meeting on year-long BMW Dallas Marathon events