Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, December 2017
Runners from all over the country converged on Dallas for the BMW Dallas Marathon and Expo that was held from December 8-10 in Downtown Dallas. McKinney Boyd cross country coach Keith Pierce captured his second consecutive title while the women's division was won by Chandler Self.
The first Call of Duty World League event for the 2018 season was held in early December by Major League Gaming (MLG) and hosted by the Dallas Sports Commission. More than 200 teams came to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center to battle for a $250,000 prize pool. Team Kaliber was crowned the champs after a hard-fought final against Splyce.
Additional DSC events in December:
- Gears of War Pro Circuit Dallas Open, December 1-3
- Big 12 Football Championship Game, December 2
- Mexico National Team match announcement, December 13
- Attended NCAA Women's Final Four Bid Meetings in Indianapolis, December 13-14
- Submitted NCAA Men's Final Four bid for 2023-2025, December 15
- Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl, December 26
- Goodyear Cotton Bowl, December 29