Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, February 2018
The NCA All-Star National Championship took over Dallas from February 23-25 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas as over 1300 teams from 37 states and nine countries participated. Champions were crowned from more than 100 divisions as teams came to Dallas to prove that the work is worth it!
Host hotels also participated in the first Hotel Spirit Competition during NCA All-Star week. Hotels decorated any area of their hotel to embrace the All-Star cheer spirit. The winner was the Westin Dallas Downtown and they received a cheer trophy to display at their hotel until next year's competition!
DSC staff attended the Connect Sports LGBTQ Events Summit in Portland, Oregon February 6-8. It marked the first time in the history of the sports tourism industry that global destinations who embrace diversity and are actively engaged in securing room-night generating sporting events met with LGBTQ sporting event organizers to present their hospitality, community, venues and facilities.
Additional DSC events in February:
- Tour of Texas & Texas Fest Volleyball, Feb. 3-4
- Texas Association of Soccer Coaches site visit, Feb. 8
- USA Rugby site visit, Feb. 9
- NFL Draft Production meetings, Feb. 12-13
- Booth at Ticketstock, Feb. 16-17
- Connections Housing site visit, Feb. 20-21
- Dallas County Private School Spelling Bee, Feb. 20
- Dallas County Public School Spelling Bee, Feb. 22
- Table at the Dallas Stars Career Fair, Feb.27
- Dick's Sporting Goods site visit, Feb. 27