Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, July 2017
A busy July for the Dallas Sports Commission was capped off on July 29 with the announcement from the Dallas Stars and the NHL that Dallas will host the 2018 NHL Draft on June 22-23 at the American Airlines Center. NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly and Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings were on hand at the Stars' Reunion Lawn Party to proclaim the Draft coming to Dallas as part of the Stars' 25th anniversary season.
The inaugural Dallas Bike Ride will take place on Saturday, November 4 and will start and end in Downtown Dallas. A fun, recreational ride, the Dallas Bike Ride will be 20 miles on car-free streets through many neighborhoods of Dallas. For more information and to sign up, visit www.dallasbikeride.com.
A win by the United States Men's National Soccer Team over Costa Rica in the CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinals on July 22 at AT&T Stadium propelled the U.S. to an eventual tournament victory. The raucous crowd got to see native Texan Clint Dempsey score a goal and add an assist in the 2-1 win. Two group stage matches were also held at Toyota Stadium on July 14.
Additional DSC events in July:
- Hosted the USA Softball 12A National Championship at Kiest Park
- Awarded the National Fastpitch Coaches Annual Convention for 2020
- Staff attended the NCAA Men's Basketball Host Seminar in Indianapolis
- Staff attended the USBC Junior Gold Championship in Cleveland
- Hosted the U.S. All-Star Federation Southwest Regional Meeting
- Hosted two CONCACAF Gold Cup Youth Clinics
- Hosted Varsity Spirit Camp
- Host duties for the SocioMX Cup
- Received FIFA World Cup Bid Invitation for 2026
- Received NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four Bid for 2023-2026