Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, June 2017
Dallas was the site of the 2017 Texas Police Games from June 10-17. The week-long event saw competitions that included basketball, volleyball, bowling, tennis, billiards and motorcycle rodeo. Law enforcement from around the state participated in the event hosted by the Texas Police Athletic Federation and the Dallas Police Department.
The 19th Korean American National Sports Festival was held at various venues in and around Dallas from June 15-18. Held every two years for the past 35 years, the Festival is to unite together among Korean-Americans and contribute to community development and communication between communities.
The Reebok Spartan Race was held at AT&T Stadium on Saturday, June 10. The competition was held on the field at AT&T Stadium as Spartans tested their mettle against obstacles that ended with a dash across the 50-yard line.
Other DSC events in June included:
- Hosted a site visit for the 2018 NFL Draft
- Staff traveled to Chicago for a site visit for the NHL Draft
- Hosted the USA Gymnastics Region 3 Congress
- Executive Director attended the Boys & Girls Club Southwest Youth of the Year Dinner
- Event staff attended a seminar at the Disney Institute in Orlando
- Continuing work with the Dallas Cowboys, FC Dallas and Major League Soccer for the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament in July