Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, October 2017
Dallas scored its second professional league draft for 2018 when the National Football League announced in October that the 2018 NFL Draft will take place at AT&T Stadium from April 26-28. This will mark the first time in history that the Draft will be held in an NFL stadium.
"We are grateful to the Dallas Cowboys, the cities of Arlington, Dallas and Frisco, and the Dallas Sports Commission for their leadership in turning this vision into reality," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
The National Hockey League announced earlier this year that its 2018 NHL Draft will take place at American Airlines Center on June 22 & 23.
Also in October, Women Leaders in College Sports held their National Convention at the Sheraton Dallas. The premier leadership summit for women working in intercollegiate athletics, the three-day convention featured speakers such as U.S. National Women's Soccer Team Coach Jill Ellis and WNBA President Lisa Borders.
Additional DSC events in October:
- United Bid Committee announced Dallas as a potential Host City for the 2026 FIFA World Cup
- USA Volleyball awarded the 2019 Boys' Junior National Championship to Dallas
- Major League Gaming announced that Dallas will host the Call of Duty World League Open and the Gears Pro Circuit Dallas Open in December
- Site visit with Junior Gold Bowling Championship staff, October 4
- Southwest Airlines State Fair Classic, October 7
- Assisted the Dallas Gun Club with the 2017 Helice World Championships, October 11-15
- Co-hosted with the Cotton Bowl Classic the Red River Showdown Pre-Game Bash luncheon, October 13
- Red River Showdown, October 14
- Hosted staff from the NCAA for Men's Basketball site visit, October 24-26
- Trinity Forest Golf Invitational, October 30-31