Dallas Sports Commission (DSC)
Executive Update, September 2017
The 2017 college football season kicked off on September 2 at AT&T Stadium as Michigan and Florida clashed in the AdvoCare Classic. Both squads entered the game in the pre-season top 15 with Michigan pulling away in the second half for a 33-17 victory in front of 75,802.
On September 30, Tough Mudder brought its obstacle mud race to the Metroplex with an event at Viridian Park in Arlington. The very challenging course offered unique, exhilarating, never-before-seen obstacles with an emphasis on teamwork and adrenaline-inducing fun. More than 9,700 competitors took place in the two-day event.
Additional DSC events in September:
- Extended partnership with NCA with booking of 2020 All-Star Championship & 2020 Senior & Junior High School National Championship
- Announced the hosting of Team USA Winterfest at Klyde Warren Park on November 18
- Monica Paul spoke at the East Dallas Chamber luncheon
- Joe Albsmeyer attended the NCAA Men's Final Four bid meeting in Indianapolis
- Larry Kelly spoke at SMU Sports Management New Major Induction Ceremony
- Site visit and meetings for NFL Draft with Dallas Cowboys and NFL
- Site visit with USA Volleyball for USAV Open Championships in May, 2018
- Submitted preliminary info for 2026 FIFA World Cup
- Submitted preliminary bid & critical items for 2023-2025 NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four with final bid due in December
- Submitted bid for 2018 Mexican National Team (soccer) U.S. Tour match
- Received bid documents for 2021-2024 NCAA Women's Basketball Final Four